90TEN is a global healthcare communications consultancy with a mission to make people healthier and happier through life-changing medical education and communications. We provide medical communications, public relations and patient advocacy services that use behavioural science methodologies to maximise brand and health outcomes. As part of Envision Pharma Group – a global leader in medical affairs – we have the depth and breadth to change lives across the world.
90TEN Medical is our medical education division staffed by academic scientists, medical writers and healthcare marketing experts. Our award-winning work includes medical and scientific strategy development, multichannel marketing and events and creative education programmes for our clients in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
What really sets us apart in our field is that we are creatives who think outside the box. We have a passion for delivering high science through unique and compelling content that is designed using our behavioural science-infused suite of tools. Whether it is verbally, experientially or visually, we capture the hearts as well as the minds of our audiences, giving them simple steps to achieve positive change.
Importantly, we are a people-first business. We prioritise, grow and develop our individual passions. The outcomes are life-changing for our team, our business and for the healthcare landscape.
Senior Medical Writer
The Senior Medical Writer is an important role within our Medical division and will work closely with Principal Medical Writers/Scientific Directors on one or more client accounts to take ownership of, and produce, high quality scientific materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies to enhance understanding of the disease area/ product, with the main aim of helping clients to meet their communication objectives. The Senior Medical Writer will develop relationships with clients and healthcare professionals and demonstrate competencies in scientific strategic counsel.
The Senior Medical Writer will be responsible for using their well-developed knowledge to deliver high-quality and compliant scientific content for a broad range of deliverables for different target audiences, including strategic plans and proposals. As part of a multidisciplinary team, they may also review the scientific content of others’ work, and may mentor/support less experienced writers. The Senior Medical Writer will support new business efforts including proposals, new business pitches and organic growth plans.
• Develop scientific copy of the highest calibre for a range of educational and promotional materials for different stakeholders
• Demonstrate the ability to translate complex scientific ideas in accurate and innovative ways
• Develop an understanding of, and use, 90TEN’s proprietary behaviour change and data comprehension models, where appropriate
• Review and evaluate the accuracy, format, and style of medical/scientific content for other team members
• Implement, take accountability for and manage the delivery of scientific materials that are aligned with client objectives, specifications and meet budgetary and timeline requirements
• Clearly identify the communication objectives of a project by working with a more senior member of the account services team, or, if appropriate, by working directly with the client
• Support the client service team in delivering to priorities, deadlines, developments and forecast requirement
• Contribute to project status/milestone tracking and out of scope reporting, employing tools (e.g., Datavision, Zinc, Veeva), as appropriate to project type, to track and manage deliverables
• Liaise professionally with pharmaceutical clients and key thought leaders to discuss scientific aspects of the project and act as the point of contact for both clients and key thought leaders on specified projects
• Ensure effective communication with internal team to ensure timely discussion of issues that may impact on ability to deliver high-quality work on budget
• Proactively flag resourcing needs with Scientific Director and ensure effective delegation of work within the team
• Maintain regular communication with junior team members, ensuring the team operates in the most effective and efficient way to meet client needs
• Work with specialist service teams including the BSci team, business development team and Creative Labs (digital and design)
• Coach, mentor and motivate junior team members, ensure objectives are met and direct reports (if appropriate) have clear career plans
• Continuously update and maintain understanding and knowledge of the market in which clients operate
• Demonstrate in depth knowledge in multiple therapy areas
• Keep up to date of GPP, ABPI and other regulatory bodies that impact on client business
• Contribute to the organic growth of accounts and development of new business proposals where appropriate
• Participate in new business activity including research, brainstorms, arranging insight interviews, proposal development and presenting
Administration and reporting
• Complete all administration and reporting internally and in line with client requirements including completing timesheets
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and capability in all main software packages including Microsoft Office