Are you a Senior Medical Editor looking for a new and exciting opportunity that offers development and progression?
Join us and make your mark at Envision Pharma Group as our business continues to grow and evolve.
A global leader in technology-led, medical affairs, and value communications, we are a full-service medical communications agency that partners with pharmaceutical, life science, and biotech companies around the world to bring new healthcare treatments to market, ultimately making the world a healthier place.
This is an exciting time to join us! We are growing fast – in fact we grew by 25% in the past year and as part of our continued growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Medical Editor to join our amazing business and be part of the journey!
Envision Pharma Group (EPG) is actively recruiting a Senior Medical Editor for a diverse portfolio of accounts that include innovative drug treatments at various stages in the product life cycle across multiple therapeutic areas.
This is a US-based, full-time role within EPG’s Editorial department that can be worked remotely or based in one of our US offices (Fairfield CT, Philadelphia PA, Warren NJ, or Glastonbury CT). We are looking to recruit a self-motivated, proactive team player who will take responsibility for maintaining the high editorial standards already established across EPG. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with members of our scientific, account management, and creative teams to meet and exceed client expectations and deadlines. The Editor must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic medical communications agency environment and be able to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and with international colleagues.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
Skills and expertise:
• Provide substantive editing, as well as proofreading, styling, and formatting across a range of print and digital deliverables, including manuscripts, congress posters, PowerPoint presentations, and figures/graphical presentations
• Take ownership of projects and work independently to meet deadlines and ensure high-quality standards
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively, including tracking projects throughout the editorial and creative process, collaborating with scientific and account management teams as applicable
• Work in partnership with the Creative team to ensure quality control throughout project development
• Maintain account-specific style sheets
• Participate in internal status meetings
Strengths and behaviors
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Clarity and diplomacy when providing comments, suggestions, and queries during editing
• Meets deadlines while maintaining quality of output
• Proactive and solution-oriented approach
• At least 4 years of medical editing experience. Experience with plain language summaries or in a medical communications agency are a plus
• Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent experience
• Preferably familiar with the AMA Manual of Style
• Proven understanding of technical editing principles
• Proficient in MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Familiar with Adobe Acrobat editing tools
What’s in it for you?
• Excellent opportunity for career growth and mentorship
• Learning and development opportunities, including participation in our Envisionary Leadership program
• Flexible working arrangements that facilitate a strong work-life balance
• Competitive compensation package with annual performance and salary reviews
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage from your first day
• Share ownership program
• An environment that promotes collaboration where employees have a voice, the space to innovate, the chance to excel, and the opportunity to have fun!
Together, we turn vision into reality. Our people are integral to our success and our values reflect the Envision philosophy.
IN THIS TOGETHER
The rainbow, a worldwide symbol of solidarity amidst COVID-19, signals that we’re all #InThisTogether. This reflects our philosophy at EPG, where our people and values are integral to our success. Our values (Trust and respect, client centricity, continuous innovation and improvement, accountability, team spirit, people first) are the fundamental beliefs that are at the core of our culture. They guide our internal behaviors and approach, as well as our relationships with clients, suppliers, and other external stakeholders.
Interested in joining our ENVISIONary business? If you have the experience highlighted above, we would love to hear from you!
EPG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment where we value and develop employees of all backgrounds and experiences. Based on our core values, we firmly believe collaboration among team members generates more incisive and deeper insights that better serve our employees, clients, and community.