A Senior Editor is assigned to support one or more client accounts (depending on account size) within a division, and works as part of the core account team. The Senior Editor provides proofreading, copyediting, styling, and formatting services across the full range of client deliverables on assigned accounts, and works to ensure that the highest quality standards are maintained on all outputs, while working to agreed schedules. Formats may include Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, page layouts for print items, and a range of digital formats. The Senior Editor works in close partnership with Scientific, Account Management and Creative team members. This level editorial role may also involve mentorship of less experienced editors and, in collaboration with the Editorial Division Lead, monitoring progress and planning future training.
• Provide editorial review across a range of HEOR and Value communications deliverables (including HEOR publications) and formats, to ensure consistent high-quality output.
Activities include the following:
o Identifying and correcting errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and usage, and repeated/missing words
o Identifying and correcting (or liaising to correct) errors in figures and tables
o Editing copy for consistency, style, and tone, and to eliminate wordiness and inappropriate jargon
o Identifying and correcting formatting issues, according to relevant style guides and templates
o Checking and correcting sequencing of tables, figures, and references, and cross-referencing
o Detecting introduced errors through comparison
o Proposing adjustments to content layout and design elements, for appropriateness and consistency with client brief/style
o Reviewing functionality of digital deliverables (eg, checking hyperlinks and animations).
• Create and maintain account-specific style sheets.
Project management and liaison
• Obtain comprehensive project briefs, questioning as necessary for clarity and understanding of requirements, due dates, and budget constraints.
• Effectively communicate project briefs to Creative and Production.
• Apply project management techniques to planning and scheduling work, in liaison with account team colleagues, Creative, and Production.
• Proactively collaborate with Creative and Production, through the life of a project, to manage schedules, communicate revised requirements, and ensure quality and timeliness of delivery.
• Implement EPG and account-specific workflow processes throughout performance of responsibilities.
• May be assigned to provide mentorship and guidance to less experienced editorial team members.
Sound understanding of technical editing principles.
• Knowledge of proofing marks and their use.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Previous experience as an Editor or Senior Editor in a medical communications agency.
• Preferably familiar with the current AMA Manual of Style.
• Preferably experienced with EndNote, Adobe Acrobat, and GraphPad Prism.
• Preferably has experience providing mentorship to less experienced editorial team members.
• Preferably familiar with editing evidence review reports, dossiers (GVD/AMCP), payer value decks