Are you an experienced Medical Editor seeking a new opportunity in a growing company, where you can support improvements in the treatment and quality of life for patients?
Envision Pharma Group is actively recruiting a Medical Editor for a diverse portfolio of accounts that include innovative drug treatments at various stages in the product life cycle across multiple therapeutic areas.
This is a US-based full-time role within Envision Pharma Group’s Editorial department and the role can be remote or in one of our US offices (Fairfield-CT, Philadelphia-PA, Warren-NJ, or Glastonbury-CT). We are looking to recruit a self-motivated, proactive team player who will take responsibility for maintaining the high editorial standards already established across Envision Pharma Group. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with members of our scientific, account management, and Creative teams to meet and exceed client expectations and deadlines. The Editor must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic medical communications agency environment, and be able to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and with international colleagues.
• Provide substantive editing, as well as proofreading, styling, and formatting across a range of print and digital deliverables, including manuscripts, congress poster and PowerPoint presentations, and figures/graphic presentations.
• Manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
• Take ownership of projects and work independently to meet deadlines and ensure high-quality standards.
• Liaise with scientific and account management teams to manage and track projects.
• Actively collaborate with creative and scientific team members to enhance communication of scientific and plain language materials.
• Work in partnership with the Creative team to ensure quality throughout project development.
• Maintain account-specific style sheets.
• Participate in internal status meetings.
• At least 2 years of editorial experience. Experience in plain language summaries or in a medical communications agency is a plus.
• Preferably familiar with the AMA Manual of Style.
• Proven understanding of technical editing principles.
• Proficient in MS Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Familiar with Adobe Acrobat editing tools.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining quality of output.
• Well-developed project management skills, including tracking projects throughout the editorial and creative process.
• Proactive and problem-solving approach.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent experience.