Infrastructure Engineer II - Horsham
Are you an experienced Infrastructure Engineer looking for career progression in a fast-paced and progressive company? Do you want to be part of a team supporting cutting-edge software platforms for pharma? If so, this could be the role for you!
Working closely within the Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the operation of secure and highly available computer platforms, servers and networks. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure.
• Follow documented techniques in support of Internal Application and Network Stack.
• Support the coordination of tasks associated with the administration of VM, Windows, Java Application, Database, SFTP and SMTP.
• Administer Batch Jobs, internal tools, utilities and backups.
• Assist with the creation of implementation plans for deployments and upgrades.
• Monitor system capacity and performance.
• Follow and administer disaster recovery procedures.
• Provide infrastructure support and on-call support as needed.
• Assist in design and recommendations regarding optimisation of software and hardware integration on the existing network infrastructure.
• Diagnose, isolate and de-bug software problems and take responsibility for problem resolution.
• Work on multiple products, activities and projects as a project team member.
• Modify, install and prepare technical documentation for system software applications.
Skills and experience required
• The successful candidate will have upwards of 3 years of related industry experience, typically obtained through advanced education combined with on-the-job experience.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team-focused, collaborative environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a wide audience.
• Strong sense of accountability for work and personal development.
• Excellent documentation skills.
• Must be familiar with ticket-tracking systems.
• A basic knowledge of physical or virtual components in the network stack is required.
• An ability to write, modify and understand SQL server functions, views, stored procedures and scheduler is required.
• A good understanding of Virtual Machine concepts (VMware) would be beneficial.
• Basic knowledge of Java and SQL Server environment (Java Application Server Administration (Glassfish/Wildfly) is preferred.