This role will work with the external facing Product Manager to agree the product roadmap, and then the Product Owner will transform the high-level vision and roadmap of the Product Manager into detailed requirements and manage the product backlog. This role is responsible for the creation of these requirements in the form of user stories, acceptance criteria and design mock-ups for the development team in line with the product roadmap. The Product Owner works primarily with the production team to ensure that development priorities align with the product roadmap and communicates the voice of the customer in the Scrum process.
• The iEnvision Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product by creating and managing the product backlog. In other words, they are responsible for a list of actionable tasks for new features, any change to existing features, bug fixes, etc. to make sure a team can attain a certain product outcome, encompassing everything the agile team will work on.
• Create product requirements in the form of user stories and aligned acceptance criteria, design mock-ups, and scope
• Create, manage and prioritize the product backlog in alignment with the product roadmap
• Undertake sufficient analysis and review with other Product Owners and the Product Manager to ensure requirements are ready to be worked on
• Act as the communication link between the Product Manager and the development team.
• Attend all agile and scrum meetings to ensure that development work is aligned with the roadmap set by the Product Manager
• Set production priorities to make sure the development team knows specifically what to focus on in order of importance
• Work with the Product Manager to give constructive feedback on the product roadmap, to ensure an agreed and understood product roadmap
• Attend product focus groups to gain insight and understanding of customer needs
• Organize and provide internal demos and training sessions for delivery and client teams
• Collaborate with the Product Manager lead business testing and sign-off for their assigned product for each iEnvision release
• Provide mentoring and support to less experienced team members to help develop their skillset and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or related field, or pharma industry relevant field preferred
• 3+ years of product management experience in a SaaS/cloud company, or
• 3+ Medical affairs or related experience in pharmaceutical or aligned industry
• Good working knowledge of Agile development techniques and experience as a product owner in a SCRUM environment
• Experience managing cross-functional projects
• Strong experience with design and user story creation.
• Detailed orientated mindset to facilitate effective requirements writing
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Travel profile up to 10% or as needed based on business needs.
Competencies desirable for success in role:
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
• Ability to persuade others, build consensus through give and take and gain cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals.
• Ability to solve problems and think analytically
• Ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions
• Capacity to act effectively as the voice of the customer, product visionary and team champion
• Have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
• Ability to become fully proficient in new technologies
• Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust.
• Considers and responds appropriately to the needs and feelings of different people in different situations.
• Ability to deal effectively and appropriately with pressure and recovers quickly from setbacks.
• Ability to thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and innovation
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a globally distributed organization