A Client Engagement Account Manager leads and manages one or more client accounts (depending on account size and complexity). This role oversees all aspects of client service on assigned account(s), responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with client, managing client expectations, and working effectively with the internal team to ensure the satisfaction of ETS clients with our technology solutions - ensuring adherence to both client process and industry requirements.
• Day-to-day client liaison for small tier customers and/or supporting role in medium/large key accounts ensuring client expectations are met for technology-related support and deliverables.
• Be the “voice of the client”, effectively translating their business needs to the internal development team ensuring adherence to client process and industry requirements.
• Be the industry technical expert for user experience across Classic and iEnvision solutions and provide guidance to assist clients and other stakeholders in optimizing their use of the technology.
• Although not responsible for implementation, collaborate with other internal Business Units to ensure implementation success.
• Maintain optimum service levels for clients throughout the product lifecycle, including training, supporting configuration cycles, overseeing production support, communication, and participation at annual adoption planning.
• Have an understanding and knowledge of:
o Client(s) business needs within the assigned accounts.
o Market and technology competitors, the compliance/regulatory environment (general and client-specific), and international standards across medical affairs.
• Be able to independently navigate and understand ETS software
• Work independently to deliver onsite and remote walkthroughs of new builds and provide solution training sessions to client(s).
• Be able to review and provide feedback on business requirement documentation from the BAs, training materials from OE and client-ready software release notes from Product Development team.
• Understand and adhere to both ETS and client requirements/standard operating procedures (SOPs) and policies.
• Manage and prioritize workload independently to agreed timelines and budget to meet client/business needs, and proactively communicate when time is available to assist others.
• Take project briefs from the client or internal colleagues, questioning for clarification as necessary, and communicate requirements effectively to others internally.
• Gain familiarity with internal software tools (e.g., Jira, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams SharePoint, etc.).
• Understand the financial scope of a project and proactively raise out-of-scope activities with client and/or Key
• Liaise internally within the core account team to monitor adherence to project development and identify project delivery issues, escalating these as appropriate.
• Act as the point person on assigned account(s) for internal team members, client, and other external stakeholders, responding proactively to queries and requests as appropriate.
• Assist and understand the overall lifecycle management of a client account.
• Actively build strong relationships with clients and other external project stakeholders.
• Have a solid understanding of the range of ETS technology solutions and wider service offerings (including Operational Excellence, ESS, LINKS etc.)
• Understand new system features and be able to provide highlights to clients to help optimize their usage of the system and enhance business value.
Qualifications, experience and technical expertise required to complete role
• Typically, +2 years’ client facing experience with Medical Affairs software at a pharmaceutical or medical device company, medical communications agency, or equivalent experience in related software role.
• Must have strong analytical, organizational, problem resolution, and customer service skills
• Ability to facilitate discussions, identify, analyze and resolve issues.
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Confident using internal software tools including Jira, Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, SharePoint, etc.
• Experience with training others in technology programs.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Must have strong communication skills to represent Envision in meetings with client.
• Preferably, direct experience working with ETS products including general understanding of both software and hardware.
• This position requires a flexible schedule to accommodate clients (depending on time zone/locale) – calls, trainings, etc. may sometimes be held early AM or late in the PM.
Abilities and behaviours required for success in the role
• Excellent project management and planning skills
• Highly organized and able to multitask
• Proactive problem-solving approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Able to think creatively and innovate
• Good interpersonal skills and ability/ willingness to work as part of an internal team.
• Able to build strong and positive relationships with client and other external stakeholders
• Positive and constructive approach when working under pressure
• Work flexibly and adapt quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to travel for national & international meetings