Southport, Glastonbury, Philadelphia, Madison, Stirling, New York
We are looking for an Account Director with at least 5 years' experience in a senior medical communications, client-facing role. Being the main client contact with the Scientific Lead you will effectively manage client relationships on assigned account(s).
To assume a leadership role in developing, supporting, and overseeing the expansion of medical communications business at a key growth client. Leveraging Envision’s existing reputation, the Account Director will be responsible for supporting the implementation of existing business and structuring a team for long-term success.
- Effective independent management of all client relationships on assigned accounts.
- Responsible for managing individual accounts/projects totaling at least $2M in business.
- Each year develop an overarching medical communications plan for client, track progress, and modify approach over time based on learnings.
- Work closely with Scientific Lead(s) to develop, modify and implement publication plan/projects (including demonstrating the ability to provide strategic
- Work with Divisional Leads to ensure proper
- Manage all annual planning/SOW development/contracting, including the revising and editing of SOWs, etc.
- Anticipate and/or resolve all internal and external account-related issues with sound judgment that best meets client and internal objectives.
Skills and experience required
- 5+ years of experience working in a senior medical communications client facing, strategic/relationship/account management or scientific services role.
- Current and relevant commercial and operational experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communications agency environments.
- East Coast-based and prepared to spend majority of the time client-facing and being engaged with office-based team.
- Deep understanding of publication planning processes, guidelines and best practices.
- Demonstrable leadership, networking, selling, negotiation, and implementation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES